Tuesday, September 20, 2011

A Wet and Windy Marathon

A Wet and Windy Marathon by temporallobe at Garmin Connect - Details


  • Weather: Today was about 12 Celsius wind and rain warnings
  • Distance for today: 40.86 km (25.38 mi)

Today was very wet. Wet when we got up, wet during the day, wet on the walk to the restaurant so I could upload today's run data. 

In fact there are rain and wind warnings for the area we are in. My cell reception is kinda in and out. It took along time just to load this website so I could type this. 

I am not going to attempt to upload pic's as it will take to long. 

Besides the wet today was a bit of "just running" day. Not that everyday is not a "just run" day. It just felt like not allot else happened. 

There was a definite buzz in air as the Winnipeg Jets are playing there first game in 15 years. I was listening to CBC Radio on my I phone and all the news was about the game that is on tonight. So as I am currently about a day or so away from Winnipeg I thought the Tom Cochrane song would be ideal. 

As a Vancouver boy I have my own allegiances to my home grown hockey team the Canucks. This brought me back to thinking about the concussion that some of the Canucks have recently had. 

I have such a huge respect for all athletes of any sport, the work ethic, the dedication, the years of effort. 

So here is to a great first game of the new hockey season to the Jet's they against the Blue Jackets. So when in Rome. "Kick some ass Jet's" 

I will upload some pics when I get a better signal. I am now going to go back to the motorhome. 


No comments:

Post a Comment