Sunday, September 25, 2011

From Portage La Prairie to Macgregor

From Portage La Prairie to Macgregor by temporallobe at Garmin Connect - Details


  • Weather: Today started off at 6c (42.8f)  and got up to 22c (71.6 f) sunny and some strong winds. 
  • Distance for today: 39.22 km (24.37 mi)
  • Total Distance to Date: 5436.24 kl (3388.17 miles)
  • Song of the Day: CBC Weekend News. 


Well today was warmer, sunnier and windier. My ankles hurt a little because I wore the faster shoes yesterday. They are lighter and quite a bit faster. They do however cause some ankle discomfort. If I was not running every day. I think I would use them as a pare of race day shoes. My Brook's are good trainers and in the current amount of distance I am doing each day comfortable enough. 

If you look at the link for the run you can see that it was pretty straight. Lot's of wide open space and beautifull open views. CHeck out the pics. 

Portage La Prairie

Never ending sky

Long straight flat road. 

Same long straight flat road. Just a different angle. 

We had two stops on the road by local media. So I was able to get the word out about the importance of  prevention of brain injury.


Melissa was very excited to get a Coke. 
I also got to Skype with my niece tonight and we are parked right by the largest Coke can in the world. 

1 comment:

  1. I read your blog every night and I remember a lot of pictures I saw when i was cycling across Canada this summer. Iread your comments from Portage la Prairie and I understand your emotions. What your doing now is the best thing to do and for the future dont be worry and angel will be on your road and everything will be o.k. Iwish you the best. Jean the cyclist yoy met in Sudbury area. (with the G.T.H. jersey) you got a picture of me on your blog.

    ReplyDelete