Sunday, September 4, 2011

Running into Thunder Bay Ontario

Running into Thunder Bay Ontario by temporallobe at Garmin Connect - Details

  • Weather: High of 16 Celsius (60.8Fahrenheit) Some rain but it came and went
  • Distance for today: 43.18kl (26.83 miles)
  • Total Distance to Date: 4617.9 kl (2877.56 miles)
  • Song of the Day: CBC Radio and when my phone ran about of power just the great outdoors.
Today was a rough start. My sleep has been off the last few days, I mean as far as I can remember ;'). I was really not feeling the run. However we were up and running. It started off slow for about 4kl then I was just into it. I mean I was just in this running flow. I had hit the 2 hour mark and had done 17.78kl and I was feeling good. I mean really good. It just hit me at some point that I was running and I could have run forever. I love those moments. It was just a really good day to run.
The pain and the discomfort were still there. I mean I could tell I was working hard. I was in just such a groove that it did not matter. After a short food load I was back out and punching it. I tried to switch my shoes into my more speedy but less supportive ones. That was a mistake. I got maybe a kilometer or two and had to change back to my Brooks.
The weather was on and off today. It kept looking like it was going rain and a few times it did. It did not, however, ever get into a big down pore.


A few more layers today.
Running along the highway.

I was wearing my Niagara Falls rain jacket

Some fellow travelers
Hello Thunder Bay!!
As promised some pics from yesterday. 


Dave stopped his car to make a donation

This is Dave's son. Super neat kid who is going to where his helmet ;')

The horses refused to where helmets. They just could not be reasoned with!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment