Sunday, September 18, 2011

Birthday Run and crossing to Manitoba

Birthday Run by temporallobe at Garmin Connect - Details


  • Weather: Today was about 13 celsius all day (
  • Distance for today: 32.97 km (22.48 mi)
  • Total Distance to Date: 5160.8 kl (3217.05 miles)

I woke up this morning after a night in the hotel. Well I tried to stay in bed longer but Melissa would have none of it. I was hoping for some loving on my birthday (meaning sleep in a bit). However this was not going to happen. 

I made myself down to the RV for our normal morning pre marathon routine. I was very happily surprised to find Melissa had not only put up a Happy Birthday sign and had a card on the table. She made my favorite breakfast. Bacon and Egg's with potatoes. It was a great way to start the morning. 
Yeah Birthday!! 


The weather today kind of sucked.
My rain outfit. 



However I had some company today.
Actually they were cycling for the Habit for Humanity.


I have crossed into Manitoba
Toronto has been a long run. Today was amazing because I crossed the province of Ontario into Manitoba. It's been a long journey in this province. I got to see my sister, my niece, my cousins and aunt and uncle. I have met so many fantastic people, seen so many things. I am so very tired!!

Tonight is the my second and last night in the hotel. I had my bath, skyped with my niece (oh and my sister as well) thanked all the people for there reaching out to me for another year of living. 39 years old. It's been an amazing year. Can't wait to see what the next year brings.




1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday to you, David.
    Can you hear me singing? (No? Probably just as well.)
    You're going to run a mile for each year from now on?

    It's Jane Warren in Nova Scotia. Can you remember that far back?

    I've checked out your run a few times, but I never seem to land on your blog ... so it's just been a matter of checking where you are and then going away.

    Hope things warm up a bit for you. I shivered when I read 13 degrees centigrade. (But your rain gear will keep you warm-ish by the looks. Plastic keeps the heat - and humidity - in.)

    All the best, David - and all the best to Melissa too.

    Take care,
    Jane
    jakeandjane@ns.sympatico.ca

    ReplyDelete