Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Running in Some Strange Weather

Running in some strange weather by temporallobe at Garmin Connect - Details



  • Weather: High of 15 Celsius (60.8 Fahrenheit) Running into a strong wind (37 km winds) all day. Plus a nice rain pounding for a bit. 
  • Distance for today: 42.14 km (26.19 mi)
  • Total Distance to Date: 4963.96 kl (3092.56 miles)
  • Song of the Day: The Ricky Gervais Show from the XFM Vault on I Tunes Volume I and III (So excited I found more) 

It was a bit of a drive, about 50kl to today's run start. I had a great sleep last night and while it's getting colder at night, I love getting under tons of blankets and being wrapped up in a cocoon and it being cold outside the wrap.  

So I was up with my normal fan fair. Had my steel cut oats, my Vega whole food health optimizer and a small coffee. Got all the gear ready and Melissa got everything in the car. We left the Wal-Mart parking lot in the CRV saying good bye to the motorhome for the day. 

The start of the day I had no cell reception. However I was able to find some new Ricky Gervais XFM Vault podcast on I tunes. So I was very excited to laugh my way through the run. 

Today started off very windy, and well, got windier. At one point I was wrapped up in the plastic bag thing that we got from the Niagara Falls over top of me. However  with the strong wind it kind of made me feel like a kite. 

When the wind hit's the plastic just blows straight back


The rain did stop however the wind just got stronger and stronger. Over 40kl in some parts. Just what you need in the last bit of the run up a hill. 

The views are again just stunning. It's strange that you almost become used to how amazing it is. 

I am feeling a bit of a cold coming on. I will be very premptive tonight and take all my vitamins. 
I just like saying "wabigoon" 
Almost at Dryden!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment