Monday, September 26, 2011

I went to Austin and Sidney in One Run!!

I went to Austin and Sidney in One Run!! by temporallobe at Garmin Connect - Details


  • Weather: Today started off at 10c (50f)  and got up to 24c (75.2 f) sunny and some strong winds. 
  • Distance for today: 43.07 km (26.76 mi)
  • Total Distance to Date: 5479.31 kl (3414.93 miles)
  • Song of the Day: "Cinderella Man" Eminem (not for kids) 

I must say I am kind of falling in love with the Prairies. Manitoba is just stunning. The colors, the air, the people. It has a completley different energy to it. Watching the sun set and the colors of red, orange, blues and greens and the endless vista of colors. It's hard to put a word to it. 

I am not a fan of the wind when it is against me, but wait an hour or so and it will change direction. At the end of the run I had a nice back wind. So here is my plan for tomorrow. I will only run when the wind is pushing me. 

Today was a long talk with Mandy who is back at home and working. She is a little stressed out without my income coming in. I mean it's not much and I take a loss in my disablity income as in Canada you get a certain amount of funds from the federal government and a certain amount from the province you live in. Because I am no longer in my province I lose a percentage of that income. While this amount is not much. Working part time for minimum wage you make more than both amounts combined. It does matter when I am not working at all. 

So part of my run was talking to her about our future, jobs, income that sort of thing. I was going to take some time off when the run finished but I don't think that is the best way to go. It's not she get's a day off from working her butt off while I get to run across the country. 

That was my thinking for the majority of the day. I feel a little useless and unable to help because there is not allot I can do. I don't like not being in control. That being said this run is so important. It is bigger than Mandy and I, it is so important to me and those that are supporting me. 




I passed through a big chunk of the world today. In just one run. 

Holland
Austin


Melbourne



Long stretch of road. I think they call this a hill. 
So after running across the world in just 43 km (27 mi) we called it a day. We drove ahead to Brandon Manitoba and parked at a Wall-Mart. 

We chowed some Chicken and Potatoes and Veggie's that Melissa made then we drove over to the Starbucks so we can power up our Laptops and these awesome pictures from all over the world.





No comments:

Post a Comment