Thursday, October 27, 2011

Wow What a day

Wow What a day by temporallobe at Garmin Connect - Details


  • Weather: Low of 2c High of 7c (35.6 F to 44.6 F) Sunny and windy.
  • Distance for today: 26.53 km (15.32 mi) Cold, little wind.
  • Total Distance to Date: 6624.51 kl (4125.28 miles)
  • Song of the Day: All the kids at Strathmore High!!


Today was one of those crazy day's. Up at 8:00 am and head out by 9:00 off to Strathmore High School. I had a presentation on protecting your head to three classes that all packed into one classroom.
Hello Strathmore High!! 


First Class 



Mayor of Strathmore

2nd Class 

Back to running. 

Hello Calgary 


After the first class we had a meeting with the Mayor Strathmore who was there to present the Run To Remember Day declaration in Strathmore 


We chilled in the teachers lounge with the Mayor and a local reporter. The mayor was really cool. A long time Police Officer he had dealt with the results of head injury's in his carrier. The one thing I get from allot of the officers and the first responder's is the difficulty in informing the families and the friends of the people who had just had a brain injury. From car accidents, to assaults to simply someone not wearing a helmet. 


I don't want any family to get that news. If we can avoid that by putting on helmets.....................


We are really excited to be in Calgary. It's kind of like the last 10kl of the marathon. You can see the finish of the finish. 


I know my distance was a little shorter than normal today but I would rather run less and talk more. I don't know when I will get another chance to have an audience like this. So we took our time. I can always run!! 


Ok off to sleep and stretch another busy day tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment