Sunday, October 30, 2011

Wind. So much wind. Did I mention the wind.

Wind. So much wind. Did I mention the wind. by temporallobe at Garmin Connect - Details



  • Weather: Low of 3c High of 11c (37.4F to 51.8F) Sunny and very windy 
  • Distance for today: 31.91 km (19.82 mi) 
  • Total Distance to Date: 6716.08 kl (4182.16 mi)
  • Song of the Day: Random Podcast from I Tunes

Today was very windy. It was really, really windy and it was relentless. I don't think I have hit wind that powerful and that long since Newfoundland
Look in the background. There are the Rocky Mountains


Rocky Mountains and "beware of pedestrian signs" Perfect

I pushed so hard today.Every step was like trying to push open a door that was being pushed back. It was so consistent it just wore me down. Even with the rest and shorter last couple of days. The wind just kicked up my ass. 

That being said it was a stunning run. The views of the Rockies is just amazing. 

Wow!!
It is expected to get a little snowy and stormy in the next couple of days. OK off to bed!! 



1 comment:

  1. David, I totally understand how those winds must have made your run much harder but I know for a fact after running with you that it will take a lot more than wind to stop you. I am sure that you are going up and down some steep slopes in the mountains! You can and will do it! I wish you all the best with your run ahead of you. You are a true inspiration. You have help me realize that any battle can be won if you want to!!! Sean "life's a gift so live it to the fullest" Deleau

    ReplyDelete