Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Passing by Mortlach

Passing by Mortlach by temporallobe at Garmin Connect - Details




  • Weather:High of 17c (62.6 F) A little bit of rain and no wind. 
  • Distance for today: 19.95 km (12.40 mi)
  • Total Distance to Date: 6004.79 kl (3741.39 miles)

We were up early this morning. I had to put in some distance before Mandy had to head to the airport to fly back to B.C. I also have no driver until Melissa's flight comes in late tonight. So I packed a 20 km run in and then we headed back to Regina to the RV so Mandy could pack and get ready to head back out. 

The run was great today. Limited wind, a light spotty rain and I was feeling good. 

Great picture by Mandy

Third Meridian 

I had no idea the signficance of the Meridian. So I posted it on Facebook and Dj Assellin, a fellow TBI survivor filled me.



"The most important north–south lines of the survey are the meridians:[2]The First (also Principal or Prime) Meridian at 97°27′28.41″ west,[3] just west of Winnipeg, Manitoba.The Second Meridian at 102° west, which forms the northern part of the Manitoba–Saskatchewan boundary.The Third Meridian at 106° west, near Moose Jaw and Prince Albert, Saskatchewan.The Fourth Meridian at 110° west, which forms the Saskatchewan–Alberta boundary and bisects Lloydminster.The Fifth Meridian at 114° west, which runs through Calgary, Alberta (Barlow Trail is built mostly on the meridian) and Stony Plain, Alberta (48th Street).The Sixth Meridian at 118° west, near Grande Prairie, Alberta and Revelstoke, British Columbia.The Seventh Meridian at 122° west, between Hope and Vancouver, British Columbia, (Lickman Rd, Chilliwack )The Coast Meridian at approximately 122°45′ West, originally established before British Columbia joined the Confederation, was surveyed north from the point where the 49th parallel intersects the sea at Semiahmoo Bay.[1]"




Mortlach 

 I passed through Mortlach Saskatchewan 
A rare picture of me from the front!

I continued on and was amazed by the view and how stunning the prairies are. I mean check this out. 



It was a great day for a run. I am looking forward to getting back home. Seeing Mandy for the couple of days was great but it was really hard to see her leave. 

I am now going to clean up the motorhome, prep everything for tomorrow and get to bed. That way when Melissa get's in late tonight we are all set for tomorrow morning. It's going to be another busy day. 



No comments:

Post a Comment