Thursday, October 20, 2011

A Marathon Through Medicine Hat

A Marathon Through Medicine Hat by temporallobe at Garmin Connect - Details


  • Weather: Low of 5c High of 14c (41F to 57.2 F) Sunny. Mild wind I had to fight
  • Distance for today: 41.40 km (25.72 mi)
  • Total Distance to Date: 6357.21 kl (3960.35 miles)
  • Song of the Day: The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets Nest. Audio Book by Stieg Larsson (still listening to it I have the first two books in the series and I downloaded this audio book from Audible.Com)

Yesterday we parked the Motorhome and the CRV at Gwen and Harold's house. We hung out with them and there family and had a massive meal. 

I slept in way to late and was about just before 10:00 am. Gwen made us a great breakfast and Melissa and I were off. 






The Worlds Tallest TeePee

Donkey (It bit my leg) 


Donkey's best friend. He thought I was a salt lick after I finished the run. 

One of the best parts of the run has been the people I have met. Being here with Gwen and Harold and there family and friends has been amazing. My faith in humanity has grown since I started this run. 

One of the reasons I started the run was because of the challenges I found in dealing with people. I was met with a whole bunch of negative people in my first couple of years after my injury. I continued to face a whole bunch of obstacles.

However after meeting some of the people I have been changing my mind. Meeting people like Gwen and Harold make it very easy to regain a believe in people again. 

Tomorrow I get to meet the Mayor of Medicine Hat.











1 comment:

  1. We are looking forward to you reaching the Okanagan Valley, David. Here's hoping the weather cooperates for you!

    ReplyDelete