Friday, October 28, 2011

Running through Calgary

Running through Calgary by temporallobe at Garmin Connect - Details



  • Weather: Low of -4c High of 6c (24.8 F to 42.8F) Cloudy little wind. 
  • Distance for today: 28.90 km (17.95 mi) 
  • Total Distance to Date: 6653.41 kl (4143.23miles)
  • Song of the Day: All the kids at Dr. Gordon Higgins School. 

So sleeping last night just wasn't going to happen. I don't know why I just could not get to sleep. It was one of those "if I fall asleep right now I can still get 5 hours of sleep"

"OK if I fall asleep right now I can get a good 3 hours of sleep"

I think I wound up getting about a total of 4 between all the waking up, falling asleep and waking up again. 

However we had an early morning appointment at a massage therapist at Oceanus Massage Therapy and could she ever massage. It's a little strange going for a massage before the run. However I was just really happy to get it and she was a fantastic Masseuse

After getting beating up by the masseuse we were off to Dr. Gordon Higgins School. 

All I can say is what a great school, great kids and a wonderful group of teachers and support staff. 

Dr.Gordon Higgins School. 
As always the kids steal the show. I inform them how important there brains are and how to protect them. I then shared my gamer-tag with a few of them. So I think I am going to have some sever competition when I get back home.

Running in the City of Calgary
We were then back to the RV to get "run ready" and then heading through the city of Calgary. 


Out of the city and getting closer to the B.C. border


1988 Calgary Winter Olympics Ski thingie
I had a great moment when I saw how close the Rocky Mountains are. That means I will be in my home province of British Columbia on Wednesday. 

We have a hotel for the next two nights. So I got to have a nice long bath with some epson salts after today's run. 

I am exhausted and off to crash on a bed that is much bigger than the one in the RV!! 

1 comment: