Wednesday, August 17, 2011

A wet and stormy run.

A wet and stormy run. by temporallobe at Garmin Connect - Details



  • Weather: High of 23 Celsius (73 Fahrenheit) Sever thunder storm warning. 


  • Distance for today: 42.82 kl (26.61 miles)


  • Total Distance to Date: 3944.28kl (2459.67 miles)


  • Song of the Day: I Want You (Hold On To Love) 



  • The lyrics in this song are amazing. The song on my I pod has a slightly different beet than the video. However I can't get 
    sued for putting that video up. It's from his website. There is one part that just makes my breath catch and thoughts of my feelings for my wife come to the forefront. I don't know what it is about some artist, how they can catch such a deep feeling and thought and emotion. I am in awe of them. Here are the lyrics that just expresses my feelings for Mandy so poignantly 
     "God is Good

    But he took his time when he designed you baby
    that's why I want you

    And
    Oh I'll even quit my job
    Lovin' you, I'll make it my job
    Thank you Lord, thank you lord 
    this is it
    My God 

    That's why I want you. 

    The lyrics don't do it justice. You need to listen to the song to get the context. Or maybe it's just the context I think of when I here it. I here my love for my wife in it. 

    Today's run was a total mental game. I did not want to run. I was literally running from one sign to the next and saying every time "just one more sign and I am done" However I managed to keep going. 

    There was a pretty massive thunder and lightning storm. The side of the road was a little better than just rocks. Well there were allot of rocks but there was also much more paved sides. 

    The last 5 to 10 kilometers I just booked it. I was sore, tired, still a bit sick and I just wanted the day done. 

    I was really off today. I have days since my brain injury that I get very thick headed. I don't know how else to describe it other than there is a weight in my thinking, or a thick missed that I can't quite see through. It's usually when I am sick. 

    Music today helped and keeping myself going "one foot in front of the other" Tomorrow will be better. 

    We are back at the campground we stayed in last night and will be driving soon as I ran the Sault Ste Marie route already the other day. So we will by pass that part as it's already done and start of tomorrow where I ended with Tom the other day. 

    As I was typing this the thunder storm knocked out the power to the campground. So my laptop is dying. I will update the pics tomorrow. 


    1 comment:

    1. I think I want you too ;P Hehehe...I think I'm funny!

      ReplyDelete