Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Not long, but it sure seemed that way

Not long, but it sure seemed that way by temporallobe at Garmin Connect - Details




  • Weather: High of 28 Celsius (81 Fahrenheit) Perfect sunny day, if a little humid. 

  • Distance for today: 31.80 kl (19.76 miles)

  • Total Distance to Date: 3901.46kl (2433.06 miles)

  • Song of the Day:  Scattered music today between CBC Radio and a bunch of songs I kept skipping over. I need to download some more music. 




  • After yesterdays amazing day we were off to our last run stop from the day before. 


    We had driven ahead to be in Sault Ste Marie to meet up with Tom and his family, and to speak at the counsel meeting and meet with the March of Dimes and the Brain Injury Association. It was a long and very rewarding day that meant allot to me and although it was a late night for us. We were up again this morning and had the long drive back to the last run stop. 

    OK to be honest, I got up and had breakfast and coffee and got "run ready" then went and laid down, I mean, did some stretches on the bed, while Melissa drove back to run stop so it could turn into run start. 

    I am off



    Hello Thessalon
    Not every day you pass an Amish horse buggy. 

    Hello Cyclist Guy. 

    Cyclists



    Some more Cyclists
    Lot's of Horses



    It was a good day for a run and I was doing great up until the second rest. My stomach starting yelling at me and then kicking at me from the inside. I was very gratefull we had the Motorhome today because when it became to go, I don't think I even let Melissa come to a complete stop before I was in the bathroom. 

    With the day over at 31.80 kl and it being later than usual we lucked out and found a camp site that goes by the honor system. It really said "we work on the honor system please place your payment through the mail box" It's got full hookups and is pretty much empty. 

    So we have power, water, I have a good 3G signal so I can update the blog and my run data. Then my computer decided crash and it took me about 2 hours to get it working again. However I am now off to have a shower and curl up in a ball for the rest of the night. 

    2 comments:

    1. David, I just read your story in MacLean's magazine. I think it is truly amazing what you're doing, and I wish you the very best of luck in your journey! The fact that you are running a marathon every day is incredibly inspiring ~ keep up the good work, and as you run your journey alone, I hope you never feel that way. Nicole Aracki

      ReplyDelete
    2. WHOA! What a cool horse buggy! You had such a variety of sightings today. Very cool babe, very cool :)

      ReplyDelete