Sunday, August 28, 2011

One Mental Marathon

A mental marathon by temporallobe at Garmin Connect - Details



  • Weather: High of 22 Celsius (71.6 Fahrenheit) Perfect day for a run.  
  • Distance for today: 41.50kl (25.78 miles)
  • Total Distance to Date: 4326.68 kl (2696.27 miles)
  • Song of the Day: The Ricky Gervais Show The XFM Vault


The day started off a little late as it was a about a 35 min drive to yesterday's run stop. It was a little cold but warmed up perfectly as the run got started. 


Perfect View. 




The shoes are perfect and make the biggest difference. It was a pretty flat day with only a few hills. However those hills were intense. I also passed the Yellow Brick Road. 

It's not every day you pass the Yellow Brick Road so Melissa felt the need to snap a pic as well. 

As the day ran on, and on, and on, we saw a couple of cool places to stop and snap a picture.

Two big vehicles for us to ride. 

I don't know what it does, but I liked it. 

A little less than a marathon from Marathon Ontario.
 
 As the day went on I started to loose energy. The body was feeling good, the shoes were good. However the mind just wasn't into to it. The last 20kl were a total mental game. 

I was able to get my head focused on finishing and while today took a little longer. It was rewarding to be done. Tomorrow will be running right past Marathon Ontario and I should have cell service for a portion of the run. I like my 3G. 


 

2 comments:

  1. Cannot wait for you to be in Manitoba. . . .If I can at all help it, I will be there to "motivate" you! You are so awesome and wish every precious blessing on you! Thank you so much for doing what other TBI's can't. THANK YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool pics! Love it when we get a glimpse of Melissa too! :)

    ReplyDelete