Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Two run day's in one blog post.

Running out of the National Park by temporallobe at Garmin Connect - Details

1/2 Marathon



  • Weather: High of 23 Celsius (73.4 Fahrenheit) 
  • Distance for the two days combined: 61.21kl (38.04 miles)
  • Total Distance to Date: 4201.37 kl (2618.42 miles)
  • Song of the Day: Listening to the Philosophy lecture from Berkeley Online Education (it's free) 
Yesterday (Tuesday Aug 23rd) was a pretty good run day. I got in the right distance, the weather was good and I was able to just "get'r done".

When ya gotta go, ya gotta go. 

Baby Island

Running along. 



Happy Biker 

Hello 

Not a real Bear
 Near the end of the run and after leaving the Provincial Park and a quick rest stop in the bushes, Melissa honked at me. I turned around and was met with a half dressed Kgell (pronounced Chell) 

Kgell
Kgell was the boyfriend of the Cydney who was our server at Boston Pizza in Sault Ste Marie. I had a chat with her as she was training for to be in a triathlon relay race. So it was much to our surprise that he knew who we were. Considering I forget as well. 

So he invited Melissa and I over to Cydney's parents house that is on a dirt road down on Sandy Beach on Lake Superior. 


So we finished up the run and then headed for dinner. 







All I can really say is wow. These people were so awesome. They were engaging, interested, intelligent and warm. It had that feeling that you were welcome and you were home. Just an absoulute increadible group of people, in a great location, with great food. Who could ask for anything more. 

A very special thank you too Mother Jan, Dad Randy and the rest of the Klockars family and friends and neighbors. It was a consistant flough of people just wondering in and out. It was funny because you just had this sense of a small welcoming community. It was very special. I won't forget it. 



Running to Marathon!! 
We had homemade breakfast in there house and we made off for the day. 

As I ran along with a bit of a late start (come on home made Blue Berry Pancakes with local fresh picked Blue Berry's and a great dinner the night before) I was back to running. Maybe about 19kl in,  I saw a car pull over weigh ahead of me. It pulled away. I see this from time to time with people who talk on cell phones. Yes some people actually do pull over to talk on there cell phones. I kept plugging along and when I got to where the car, long gone now, had stopped. We say this. 
It was a card with a $10.00 donation from Blake and Celia




That such an strangely awesome thing to happen. I love meeting people as quirky, weird and awesome as I think I am. 

1 comment:

  1. Loving the pictures! Truly wonderful to see what you see. Hey, where is the big goose in Wawa? Spotted Winnie the Pooh yet? ;-)

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete