Monday, August 8, 2011

Along the Trans Canada by temporallobe at Garmin Connect - Details

Along the Trans Canada by temporallobe at Garmin Connect - Details


  • Weather: High of 24 Celsius (75.2 Fahrenheit) Humidity was down a bit today. 
  • Distance for today: 38.07 kl (23.65 miles)
  • Total Distance to Date: 3600.75 km (2272.18 miles)
  • Song of the Day: I downloaded some of the CBC Podcast and listened to them  today. However as the day went on. I realized they were the same podcast I listened to yesterday. So yeah. Short term memory has it's advantages, as long as it isn't current news. I kept hearing about the Downgrade of the US Financial Score. This is apparently a couple of days old. 


So today is the anniversary of my marriage to Mandy. My blog post will be short and sweet as well, it's my anniversary and all I got her was the privilege to drive behind me while I ran 38.07kl. 

I did forget about today, however we apparently discussed this and because of where we are and the current schedule we decided to do a very low key night. 

So the rest of the day (it's 6:44pm right now) is just me and her in the RV. 

So a shout out to all the spouses, family members, care workers and friends who stuck by the survivor. It sure ain't easy. We are stubborn, irritability, it's all about us, but we are still capable of love, life, giving, and wanting. 

So thank you for being courageous, stubborn, loving, smart, and always there. You work so hard, you work so many jobs and there is no parade for you. There is no medal, there is very little recognition for what you do every single day. I love you so much, everything I do is because of what you saw in me. You believe me and your love for me gives me everything I need to keep going on. I have no doubt you will find work when you get back home. I love you. 

Happy Anniversary


A very special thank you to Melissa. When Mandy and I got back from the run today. Melissa had set up the RV for us. We were not planning on doing anything special tonight. However this made us think twice. 
Dinner for us when we got home. Thanks Melissa

Wine and Cookies. She knows my wife. 

So my feet won't smell for my wife tonight. 

Ahhhhh!! It feels so good. 
Ok That is all for tonight. 

1 comment:

  1. Happy Anniversary!!

    David, you have a lot of people following your blog and your run. Post a bit about what sort of work Mandy is looking for and where home is. Also let people know if you are willing to relocated for a job.

    Put it out there and let your fans network for the two of you. You deserve it and we can't help if we don't know what you are looking for.

    (Since I am stateside and work for myself I probably do not have anything for her - but I am a good networker so you never know.)

    Cheers,
    Em

    ReplyDelete