Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Still on the Trans Canada Highway along Lake Superior

Still on the Trans Canada Highway along Lake Superior by temporallobe at Garmin Connect - Details


  • Weather: High of 22 Celsius (71 Fahrenheit) Started off cold but warmed up 
  • Distance for today: 42.76kl (26.57 miles)
  • Total Distance to Date: 4410.81 kl (2748.55 miles)
  • Song of the Day: Gnarls Barkley "Crazy"

McGill Family's house that we parked at the last two nights. 
My head this morning. 
I was off today. I don't mean off as in grumpy, or tired, or "not in the game". I was in a mental void. It was just empty. I was neither up nor down. I was not hot or cold. I was just here. It was very strange. Lack of emotion, lack of response, lack of...........it was like a lack of taste, or spice. It was strange. 

I spent most of the day like that. Just empty. I don't mean to sound negative. It just was. It was neither good nor bad. Kind of a like a day that just was. That was however up until the last 5kl or so. I don't know what it was but something just lit a fire in my ass. I ran those last 5kl like I had not been running all day. 

It hurt, my ankles were screaming, my lungs were begging me to stop, the lactic acid started to burn, but I felt it. It was such a fantastic sensation after a day of none. 

It was a very odd day. I was intrigued and interested in it. Kind of like studying myself from a third person perspective. 
Construction zone guy. 


As far as the run went I felt odd today. The road was very up and down. Lot's of hills, lot's and lot's of hills. Very limited cell coverage until we got closer Schreiber Ontario.


That's me running towards Melissa for a change.


See it's me


Me again waving at a cyclist. 

So we are citing in a Robins Donuts, and a Pizza Hut and a Kentucky Fried Chicken and a hotel all in one. It's a very interesting little outfit. It's a very small town. 

So know we go back to the motorhome. Find a place to park for the night and do the dishes and then get to bed once I have done my stretches. 



No comments:

Post a Comment