Sunday, August 7, 2011

Running through Nipissing Indian Reserve 10 and Sturgeon Falls

Running through Nipissing Indian Reserve 10 and Sturgeon Falls by temporallobe at Garmin Connect - Details



  • Weather: High of 24 celsius (75.2 Fahrenheit) Humidity was as high as 83 today
  • Distance for today: 41.86 kl (26.01 miles)
  • Total Distance to Date: 3604.54 km (2274.54 miles)
  • Song of the Day: Misener on Tech CBC Radio ( RSS FEED Or get it on Itunes) 
Today was a little cooler. It rained a bit, very little, near the half-way point. For the most part, today was just a long flat day. 

I was stopped by the sweetest lady ever, who after driving past us quite a distance, stopped and waited for me to catch up. It took about 10 minutes for me to make it all the way up the street. She was very moved by the cause I am running for and felt the need to make a donation. She was very nice. 



Lot's more "noise" on the street today. By that I mean honks, and waves etc. It really makes me feel good when I am running to see a hand wave at me as people pass. I do get a lot of thumbs ups as well. 

Today I was just in a great run mood. The body was good, my right hip was bugging me but I am going to do some serious stretches after I blog. 

Today was a just a good day. Good weather, flat farm road, and I distracted myself with a lot of CBC Radio shows. 

Yesterday I was listening to CBC Radio Know Your Rights which is just a Podcast on CBC Radio and it had a section on the rights and freedoms of Canadians 

The Charter of Rights and Freedoms Section 15. (1) - Every individual is equal before and under the law and has the right to the equal protection and equal benefit of the law without discrimination and, in particular, without discrimination based on race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, sex, age or mental or physical disability.

There was a lawyer on there who was very well spoken (surprise) and she was talking about how she represents people with cognitive issues. She was able to put into words the exact frustrations that I have every day dealing with things like Drivers Licenses, Colleges, Taxes, Utility companies and Social Service. I really enjoyed it and it really resonated with me. It was episode 6 if anyone is interested. 

So that was about it for today. Getting ready to send Mandy home soon. So my blog posts might start to lack the spelling and grammar they have right now. However it will still be all me in the ideas. ;') 

No comments:

Post a Comment