Saturday, August 6, 2011

Running Through North Bay

Running Through North Bay by temporallobe at Garmin Connect - Details



  • Weather: High of 28 celsius (82.4 Fahrenheit) Humidity was as high as 88 today
  • Distance for today: 38.82 kl (24.12 miles)
  • Total Distance to Date: 3562.68 km (2248.53 miles)
  • Song of the Day: I was listening to CBC Radio One and whole bunch of programs. When I have a good 3G signal I really like to just listen to the live local podcast. I will download some from iTunes when I will loose my 3G that will be a sad day. 
The three of us slept in this morning as we got home late last night. So we got to Run Start at about 10:00am. It was again a really humid day. 

Melissa was driving the CRV for the first 2 hours. Then we took a break, dropper her off at the RV and got back to filling in the gap we left off because of our 10kl run yesterday. She took the motorhome to get water and dump the tanks. 

Being silly and doing stretches
Today I managed to get in about 20kl in that first 2 hours, so my pace is picking up. We stopped where I started my run with the mayor yesterday, then we drove the 10.47kl distance I did yesterday with the mayor and the other runners. Then I continued on from there. 

Today I ran a total of 38.82 I found a good spot to stop that would be easy to find tomorrow. 

When we got back to the RV it was going on 6:00pm. Both Mandy and I are exhausted. So we decided to head to Boston Pizza for dinner. I am having a Greek Salad as I still feel full from yesterday's dinner and the 200 cookies Wendy had made for us. As I have very little impulse control...let's just say there about 50 cookies left. 

Today felt like that first day after work after a great party the night before. Back to the good old grind. 

Lot's of honks, waves and cheers today, and a few people stopping to chat or to donate. 

Curios Guy. He was asking how I can as far as I do each day. Then made a donation ;')
Waving at People
Today made me think of my experience with social service and other things like Canada Revenue. It always amazes me that people forget my ability to think is impaired. Yet I am required to fill out complicated forms that people with normal thinking have difficulty can't fill out. I always just wanted someone to explain to me simply what I need to do. Not just refer to form A16 and attachment 3.iii




To everyone else this is pretty simple. Yet I don't think like that anymore. I get agitated, I get upset and I get angry. I guess what I am trying to say is as a person with a mental disability I need help processing the information that is required from me. I have a problem with my thinking and yet there are no ways for me to deal with things. 

In no way do I think someone in a wheel chair has it easy. What I am trying to say is that if I can't get to you because I am in a wheelchair, then my rights under the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedom are not being met. Yet you give me a 16 page form to fill out so I can "prove" to you that I can't think normally. I have dificulty thinking. How can I fill out a from? This doesnt make sense. I think this is wrong. I think this is a violation of rights under the Charter. I am also considered high functioning. What is it like for others that are not as high functioning as I am? 

2 comments:

  1. Boy do I hear you on the form thing! I like you, have trouble with forms. I have gone up to people in tears at our Social Service Disability office because even after they have highlighted the areas in yellow I still can't do the forms. And I am very high functioning. But there is something about forms that I cannot process. I wonder if there is some specific spot in the brain for that kind of mental processing and understanding. When I have time I will look into it. I will let you know if I find anything out.

    How is your hydration going?

    Thinking of you!
    Em

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Em, I hear a great CBC radio show yesterday on my post I did on the 7th of august. It was a buy a lawyer who works with people who have cognitive deficits I really liked her wording and the way she spoke about the issues that we face.

    I hate forms, and I hate dealing with From People.

    Drinking lots, and lot's of water. the weather has changed as well.

    ReplyDelete