Thursday, August 4, 2011

Through Sundbridge and South River and Trout Creek by temporallobe at Garmin Connect - Details

Through Sundbridge and South River and Trout Creek by temporallobe at Garmin Connect - Details


· Weather today: 26 Celsius 78.8 Fahrenheit (at it's hottest) Still really Humid. 
· Today’s run distance: 41.80 km (25.97 miles)
· Run distance to day: 3523.86km (2193.78 miles)
· Song of the Day: Gnarles Barkley I want you from the Lady killer album (for my wife!!) Who is leaving soon to go back home and work to pay our bills!! 

Last night was so nice. It was actually a little cold. I had to put a blanket on me during the night. It was amazing. It felt so good. 

We were without Melissa again today. She stayed the night in the cottage and got to meet some people that elongated her stay. So Mandy and I took off on the road again today. It was a great day for a run. 


I have changed my shoes up a little bit. I run for the first 3/4 in my Brooks Dyads as they are very stable, mild support shoes, still kind of neutral. We received some Spira shoes to try out and they are like putting a Porsche on each foot. They are light, fast, and like race flats. While extremely cushioning they don't provide much in the way of support. So when I rolled my ankle in them I decided to wear the Brooks for the first 3/4 and then switch 'em up. 



Lots of people stopped by on along Hwy 11, which means the decals on the RV are doing their job! Stopper-bys included Linda who told us about her husband who sustained a brain injury during a snowboard accident while wearing a helmet. It took their family 3 months of crying for help and finally a threat of lawsuit to get her husband a CAT-Scan. It was an amazing story. 


Linda and I.

A curious car.

 An inquisitive man. 

We also met Bill Kotsopoulos who is a member of the North Bay Brain Injury Association while Mandy and I were taking one of our breaks. He is a fantastic guy and a First Aid instructor. He saw the Motorhome and said he was really looking forward to tomorrow when I get to North Bay to introduce me to the Brain Injury Association members. He's been following the run since the beginning and he inflated my ego a bit, but Mandy quickly burst that bubble.


I don't have a place to plug in my laptop today. It's going on 8:34pm and my laptop is down to almost no power, so I apologize for the short post. 

I did want to say something about today though. I am not doing anything anyone else couldn't do. All I am doing is running and talking. What I want people to take away from this, brain injury or not, is that you can accomplish anything. We all face challenges, we all face difficult situations: bad days, people that don't understand us. There is nothing different in me than there is in you. Absolutely nothing. Find your passion and go for it. 



Ok maybe I have one advantage. I forget that 99 percent of the time I fail. So I just get up and try again for, in my world, it is the first time. ;') 


No comments:

Post a Comment