Sunday, August 21, 2011

Hilly run along Lake Superior

Hilly run along Lake Superior by temporallobe at Garmin Connect - Details


  • Weather: High of 16 Celsius (60.8 Fahrenheit) Sever thunder storm warning, Very wet, lot's of rain and thunder and lightning. 
  • Distance for today: 41.76 kl (24.95 miles)
  • Total Distance to Date: 4095.56 kl (2552.67 miles)
  • Song of the Day: Ricky Gervais Podcasts (Best part of short of term memory loss is that I can listen to them again and again) 



Wow was today wet and cold. Considering the summer we have had so far it was a drastic change from the previous runs. Running in a down pore that soaks you to the bone is a bit of a pain in the butt. It get's the shows, the pants, the backpack, the hat, the socks wet and everything becomes more wet and increases in movement. This leads to blisters and other skin issues. Not to mention the itchy butt on the drive back when you are done. 


Wet and hilly 



Same day different hill 
The view from inside the car. That's me behind the rained in window. 



Just one of the many hills today 

However the scenery today was just breathtaking. The people just as friendly and the route very hilly today. I had an 800 ft gain in altitude in a very short distance today. I am starting to loose my first toe nail (coming among distance runners for this to happen) I have been pretty lucky so far, but today in the shower I noticed it's about to go. 


Stunning scenery 

The view at the top of the hill was worth the run.






We are at Lake Superior Provincial Park and we have a shower and power and very nice site. A decent connection with phone. During the day the connection is really in and out. 


I took along shower while Melissa made dinner. I am now off to ice my ankle, hip and calves after stretching then pass out and do it all again tomorrow. 














No comments:

Post a Comment