Saturday, August 20, 2011

Running along side Lake Superior

Running along side Lake Superior by temporallobe at Garmin Connect - Details


  • Weather: High of 24 Celsius (75.2 Fahrenheit) Sever thunder storm warning.
  • Distance for today: 42.61 kl (26.48 miles)
  • Total Distance to Date: 4053.8 kl (2527.72 miles)
  • Song of the Day: "Fix You" the Offspring. 
 
We got to sleep in a bit this morning. We parked right next to where I stopped running the day before. So there was no need to drive to Run Stop and turn it into Run Start. 
 
I was also feeling a little better on the hip end. It's still bugging me but it's gone from that acute stabbing pain, to more of a dull ache that is manageable. My body is sure taken a tole yet it is still tolerable. 

Today I got to run along Lake Superior some more. It's truly a stunning lake the scenery and the air quality along with a nice sunny day that wasn't to hot was just a perfect running day. 

As I was running along with my headphones on and listening to my now well listened to Playlist. I was taken aback because there was a cyclist right beside me. So off came the headphones and we had a great chat. He was on a Cervelo  P3. That may not mean allot to you but this is the kind of thing I drool over. My wife doesn't get it ether so don't feel bad if you have no idea what I am talking about. It's a really, really nice bike. It's kind of like car envy. I had Cervelo Envy. 
Cervelo Envy 



A short while and a few hills later I noticed Isaac Magisken stepping out his car. He was across the highway and I took of my earpiece and he just sort of yelled a positive and encouraging word. I waved and continued. Melissa stated later that he had noticed us and wanted to stop and make a very generous donation. He has experienced someone close to him struggling with a brain injury. However he didn't want his picture taken. So I just want to thank him. 


We continued on later stopped just to let me rest before I finished off the last 10kl or so I think. We had stopped at a very photographic place that seemed to be a popular rest stop. I was doing some stretches and filling my belly and Melissa was outside taking some pics. 


Long Hill

Top of the Hill 


View from the top of the long hill 
She wound up chatting withe the Martynuck Family who where on there way home from some time at there cabin. They have some experience in the world of disability. They had some fantastic kids and were just great people. We spent some time with them and they very openly prayed for me. I was very touched and moved by not only there experiences but by the fact they were still excited about life. Still very strong in there faith. 





So a very special shout out to the whole Martynuck family Caleb Chloe Gabe Craig Stephanie and Titus the super dog. 

1 comment:

  1. Love reading your blog! I too have a brother with a brain injury, and love hearing about your heroics! KEEP IT UP! SO PROUD OF ALL YOU ARE DOING!!!!

    ReplyDelete