Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Today I ran into British Columbia by temporallobe at Garmin Connect - Details

Today I ran into British Columbia by temporallobe at Garmin Connect - Details




  • Weather: Low of -8c High of -5c (17.6F to 23F) Cloudy and Cold.
  • Distance for today: 41.22 km (25.61 mi) 
  • Total Distance to Date: 6837.41 kl (4257.55 mi)

Today was amazing. I mean "Over the Top" Amazing. It started very early with a meeting with the Mayor of Banff Karen Sorenser

Mayor Karen Sorenser and I 


The Mayor had an unexpected meeting to run to, so we managed to get a quick photo and then she directed us to Councillor Grant Canning.


We sat in Town Hall and had a cup of coffee and talked about the reason for the run and the importance of Helmets. Especially in a ski resort town like Banff.


I want to extend my deepest gratitute to all the Mayors and city council that have allowed us the opportunity to talk about this very important issue. I do appreciate them taking the time out of there busy days to allow us this privilege. It means allot.


We did some quick shopping in the town and then we were off.


Stunning background to run in. 

It was very cold, not to windy and a little cloudy today. I needed to get myself prepped for the cold. 

Keeping my head warm. 

Taking heed of the warning. 

Enjoying the scenery. 

The B.C. Border. 

It was quite the moment when I hit the BC border. It's been a long journey and it's almost over. Just over 30 days and I will be in Victoria dipping my feet in the other side of Canada. 

We have so far been able to avoid a storm system that has been threatening to come into our little journey. If this happens it can close the roads down and that adds some time to our little jaunt across the country. I have been very fortunate in the last month or so for no extreme weather. Just hopping it keeps on playing nice. 

It was a great day. It was allot more emotional than I expected. It's just a roadside marking and a mark on a map. However for me it means I am that much closer to being home. 





2 comments:

  1. It must have felt great when you ran past that British Columbia sign (you are getting close)!!!! Best of luck to you with your days of running ahead of you!!
    Sean Deleau

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sean,

    I am very close, and yes it did feel good. I tell ya though, this country is so amazing. I have been truly lucky to be able to cross it and meet so many awesome people.

    ReplyDelete