Monday, November 28, 2011

Hope to Rosedale

Hope to Rosedale by temporallobe at Garmin Connect - Details



  • Weather: Low of 2c High of 7c (35.6 F to 44.6 F) wet and getting warmer
  • Distance for yesterday: 41.08 km 25.52km 
  • Distance for today: 39.79 km (24.72 mi) 
  • Total Distance to Date: 7641.07 kl (4755.59 mi)





Today started with a drive to the District Of Hope to meet the Mayor. He was unavailable so we met with Councillor Robb  



He was a great guy and really fun to hang out with. He was curios, intelligent and a good guy. 


I was then on my to run some distance. Now we stopped running Saturday because the weather in the Manning area was just to bad. The elevation, the snow and the very narrow highway roads are just two dangerous for me to run on. With the CRV behind us there were to many close calls on the narrow tight windy roads. People just don't expect somebody to be running on the street. 


It is very important to me that I don't miss a step on my cross Canada run. However it is also not worth an accident. So we are re-running we have already done to equal the distance that I would have run if we had continued on the Manning park road. 






As you can see by the pictures from Saturday  it was hard to run and allow big delivery trucks to pass while keeping an eye out for oncoming traffic.

Yesterday we did not attempt to make up the distance as the weather was still bad. So we ran ahead and it was wet. I mean it was a good old BC rainstorm all day long. 






Today was a little bit better weather wise. It was a little wet, and cloudy but not to bad. After the meeting with Councillor Robb I then plugged away about 20 km (12 miles) 


After running for a bit we were off to Hope Senior Secondary. 



Sometimes we don't have permission to take pictures of the kids. They were fantastic. Once again I am always amazed by the intelligence and intellect because at this age I had neither ;') 



The talk went very well. Then I was back to running. 



 It was starting to get a little dark and we were on a bridge with limited passing room. So we called it a night. 



On Saturday I had a really difficult day. The roads were scary, I did not feel safe. I was dealing with an ongoing illness, some weird skin itchy thingy that wakes me up at 3:00 am making me want to sand my skin off. Plus I felt like I had to throw up or fill my pants. It was not a fun day.

My body is also taking it's tole. My muscles throb almost constantly and I have all sorts of foot damage going on. 

So I am exhausted, stressed, sleep deprived and feel my body feels like I had a round of ultimate fighting against Michael Bisping.

My anxiety started to rise so high. I was freaking out inside my own head. 

I snapped. I fully broke down mentally. I had nothing left in me. I had no more to give. 

I was able to run but I needed a couple of day's to reboot my brain. 

I wanted this cross country run to do several things. 1) bring awareness to brain injury 2) prevent the preventable brain injuries 3) show a side of brain injury to survivors and others that while I am not the old me. I am still someone. That a brain injury is not the end of you.  I also wanted to show how this run effected me, my family, Braintrust and what it was like from my point of view. 

So I apologize for the last two day's blog entries. I am so close to being finished. I have 11 more marathons to run. I am not going to stop now. 

Ok I have to stretch and chill out now. 




1 comment:

  1. David, I cannot imagine all the aches and pains your body is dealing with these days but it is understandable because you have run 7641kms since April!! I am sure you are stressed and extremely tired but you just have to keep thinking positive thoughts. Don't let yourself think anything besides "I am gonna finish this run"!!!!! I really have nothing to compare to what you have to deal with but when I was planning my trips to Montreal for brain surgery I had lots of calls and visits from people and I always had people saying to me "How can you be so happy"? I just told them that this is surgery is going to work and I am not letting myself think anything else!! I have been off work for 4.5 years, without a drivers license for 4 years, made 4 trips to Montreal for lots of testing and surgeries. I still have to deal with seizures, many medications and other things. Everyone asks why I am so happy and I just say because I have life. In life a person can decide how happy they want to be. I love that I can pass on lots of happiness to other people. I so bad want to come and complete your run with you but my doctors don't advice it (seizures)!! I am going to be watching for updates and when you reach the west coast you will likely hear a story of a guy in Manitoba who held a big party @ his place to celebrate David completing his "Run To Remember"!! Believe in yourself and do what you can, I know you can do it!! Sean Deleau "The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams"

    ReplyDelete