Friday, November 25, 2011

Copper Mountain to Manning Park

Copper Mountain to Manning Park by temporallobe at Garmin Connect - Details


  • Weather: Low of -7c High of -2c (21.2 F to 28.4 F) Dry and Chilly 
  • Distance for today: 40.15 km (24.94 mi) 
  • Total Distance to Date: 7519.82 kl (4680.26 mi)

Today was hard. It was great elevation gain and loss, there was allot of snow and ice as I ran into the incredible Manning Park 


I had no chains on my feet. 

1282 m above sea level 
 Now the roads in manning were very interesting. It was lots of tight windy blind turns. The roads were covered with black ice, sloppy side's of the road where the plows pushed over the snow. So I was running in some pretty thick snow slosh on the side. It made the run a little difficult. 


However I had a great moment when I headed into this accident. Now I am feeling great there was an accident. What was amazing was here I was busting my butt up and down these mountains. My feet are cold and wet, I have been sprayed with that nice mix of melted snow, snow, salt and bit's of road. So I am heading down this tight turn. and there is an accident. 


There where all sorts of people down on the seen, pictures, road crews, tow driver, ambulance, etc. Well as I got close they all started cheering me on. Not only cheering but cell phones popped out and the guy by the white truck who was video taping the accident, turned his camera on me. 
I think it was 2 minutes of my 5 minutes of fame 

That's me way down there. 

Very icy road. 

The Run To Remember Mobile's

Banff Baby!! 
We drove ahead quite a distance at the end of the run to Melissa's parents house. Where we parked the motorhome. I got to meet her family and her nephews. We will be here for a couple of days. It was long day. 

2 comments:

  1. Hello David, I see all is going good for you and you are getting close to your destination!! I can only imagine how great the feeling must have been when the crew all started to cheer you on and take pictures. It must be difficult running up, down and around those big slopes with all the ice and snow. I do not have much for slopes to deal with when I am out running (Live in Manitoba) but I still have to avoid lots of icy patches. You are in my thoughts everyday! I wish you all the best with all your days of running that are ahead of you. You have become a true inspiration to me and many other people across the country!!!!! Sean Deleau ps. Many things can help to live a great life but one of the most important things that I have found that is needed to live a great life is to be able to love the life that a person is living!!! People who know me personally and know all about my problems ask me why I am so happy! I just tell them b/c I have life and my problems could be worse!! Most problems are only as bad as a person makes them out to be!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sean

    I appreciate all the comments. I found I had a choice after my injury. To feel that I could sit back and become a statistic, or I could go out and become a change. I chose to change.

    ReplyDelete