Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Running into a Snow Storm

Running into a Snow Storm by temporallobe at Garmin Connect - Details




  • Weather: Low of -7c High of -1c (19.4 F to 30.2F)Lightly cloudy until the snow storm. 
  • Distance for today: 39.04 km (24.25 mi) 
  • Total Distance to Date: 7270.75 kl (4525.53 mi)

 Wow that was a day. It started with Melissa driving back from Kasey's house were she stayed last night, to the motorhome where I slept last night. She picked me up and we were off to Yesterday's run stop and turn it into today's run start. 


The run starts!! 




Then we got the run started with Kasey driving the RV so Melissa could do some work on the computer. 







Moving through town. 




Hello Vernon
Hello Lake Country




Kasey and Marcie

Inside the motorhome they were having a great time. With Melissa driving and Kasey and Marcie there was a Braintrust Office party going on. I enjoyed the weather outside. 

The fantastic Okanagon lake side. 




Vernon Vipers Hockey Team


I got to meet up with the Vernon Vipers Hockey Team. I talked about concussion and the importance of reporting concussions. 




Magda and Me at the meeting. 


We were able to use the Nixon Wenger Office space and meet there staff. along Mayor Wayne Lippert, CEO of Braintrust Maribeth Friesen, and the board members of Braintrust Gary Weatherill, Bill Dick, Patricia Neilson




BrainTrust Board Members. 
When I first had the idea to do something to raise the awareness of Brain Injury I contacted allot of people. From the beginning Braintrust Canada was supportive. If it was not for the board members of Braintrust believing in this crazy idea I would not be here. 

So a huge thank you for helping me reach out to all the people we have. Melissa and I are the faces seen most on the run. We are the "front lines" of the Run To Remember, however it is people Like Casey, Magda, Maribeth who run the office. The Run To Remember is not the only thing going on. They still run a Brain Injury organization with clients, and staff like Marcie who are on the front lines of working with people with brain injury. They are the ones who work with the families of survivors, provide services for all parts of brain injury. They fill that never ending hole when you leave the hospital. They try to clear the confusion and offer the appropriate services for each unique brain injury. 

This run would not be possible without all these people. It just wouldn't. Thank you all. 

So much more happened today than I can go into right now. From the hockey players to the Mayor and the CEO of Braintrust and the Board members. On top of this I am fighting a cold and need to get some sleep!! I have a marathon to run tomorrow.



3 comments:

  1. I was honored to be a part of the kelowna celebration. I was inspired by David and his humble attitude toward his amazing accomplishment. I truly believe his efforts and the people supporting him have a lot to be proud of! Thank you all for your efforts! Bernie Ziemer

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have become a inspiration to thousands of people. Every time a person reads your story or is told about what you have had to deal with and how far you have recovered since your injury they are totally amazed with what you are doing now "running across Canada"!!!! I don't let my troubles get me down these days but when I am dealing with my troubles (seizures, very bad memory) I just read your story and it makes me want to keep fighting and I tell myself that I am gonna win this fight!! I wish you all the best with the miles ahead of you and I know you are gonna make it. I have been thinking about your run everyday and will be cheering loud when you complete the run. Best of luck to you and your team!!!! Sean(Life's a gift so live it and love it)Deleau

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bernie the pleasure was all mine. Thank you so much for the kind words.

    Sean you are the rockstar man. You are doing fantastic I look forward to supporting you when you head out to change the world!!

    ReplyDelete