Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Running From Penticton to Keremeos

Running From Penticton to Keremeos by temporallobe at Garmin Connect - Details



  • Weather: Low of 1c High of 9c (33.8 F to 48.2 F) Started of Wet and Windy, ended cloudy no wind. 
  • Distance for today: 41.34 km (25.68 mi) 
  • Total Distance to Date: 7398.93 kl (4605.16 mi)

Last night I did not sleep well. I went to be a little to late and I woke up about an hour or so after sleeping to an incredible itchy neck. It felt like it was on fire. 

This neck itchie thing started the other day and I though maybe I was having a reaction to something. It is more likely however, that it is just really dry skin. It's also the part of my neck where my jackets and shirts touch the skin. 

However the itch was just painful. I got up and put on some anti itch cream, took some cold medicine hoping it had some anti-histamine in it. If in fact I was having a reaction to something. Then I spent the rest of the night trying hard to scratch it. It drove me nuts. 

Eventually I fell asleep and we were up. Melissa had to drive the CRV in to get some nails taken out of the tires of the car. This wound up taking much longer than she though. 

I got my oatmeal out ready, and made my tea. Vega sent some product out so I had my Whole Food Health Optimizer and Pre-Workout Enegizer and a Performance Protein for Recovery (the recover was for after the run) 

We drove to where we ended off yesterday and I got ready to head out. 

SOSBIS (South Okanagan Similkameen Brain Injury Society) Came out to wish me a good run. 
SOSBIS Staff came out 


What a great group of people. 

The run started off very windy and very cold. 

Vancouver was not around the corner. 

It was a long steady incline. 

A passer by makes a donation 

I kept my eye out for whatever animal that is. 

I thought I saw it, turned out to just be bear. 
The run went well. Lot's of elevation gain and loss today. However despite my lack of sleep. I had a good run day. 


Just near the end of today's run. I saw this sign. 

If you look close you can see the Emergency Number. 
What I don't understand. Maybe someone can explain to me. If you need a taxidermy, I understand that. Why would it be an emergency? What kind of phone calls does he get that are after hours emergency's? 


"I need this dear stuffed now, It's an emergency. Call the Taxidermy" 

2 comments:

  1. Great work David!! That would be a heck of a workout running up and down those mountains! The next 2 days in southern Manitoba are supposed to be nice +3 and +5. I go for my run in the evening when the streets have all the lights on and are not busy with traffic but if the temperatures are that nice I might be running all day. I have lots of people who want me to build them stuff in my garage and some of my friends have a credit b/c I said I would build them something for a Birthday or wedding gift and now I am telling you that when you finish and need or want something framed I will do it for you b/c you have a credit for something built in my garage, Melissa has a credit for something built as well (I build everything) I continue to think about your run and wish you the best of luck with the miles ahead of you. All the best to you David and Melissa Sean Deleau "Life is a gift so live it and love it to the fullest"

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a mountain goat love! On the sign!

    ReplyDelete