Friday, November 18, 2011

A Quick Little 10km Run Through Kelowna

A Quick Little 10km Run Through Kelowna by temporallobe at Garmin Connect - Details



  • Weather: Low of -4c High of -1c (24.8 F to 30.2F)Snow, oh so much snow. 
  • Distance for today: 9.77 km (6.07 mi) 
  • Total Distance to Date: 7280.52 kl (4531.6 mi)
  • Song of the Day: I did not feel save enough to listen to music. I needed all my wits with me. 

OK this Blog is dated November 18th 2011. While it is actually the Data from Yesterday. 

What can I say about the run today. Talk about sensory overload. 

We started off the day with a little visit to Kelowna Secondary School. 




Fantastic School. Great kids. 

A little Jaunt through Town

They kicked my but running. I need to train harder

After the school presentation, that was AWESOME, I was back to running. 

BMO Showed up to for some surprise suport. Thank you guys 

I am really sick on this day. I had about 10kl in me and it took everything I have. 

After the school, that was AWESOME, and running through Kamloops with the RCMP support vehicle. I was really starting feel the cold. Melissa dropped me off at the Best Western and I headed up to my room to have a quick nap. 


I knew that we had a presentation and another talk that night. However I was not expecting what happened next. 




 First it was the Peach Tarts Roller Derby Girls. 
Add caption

I was roller bladed into a big presentation (and cake....oh the cake) I was welcomed by well look at them all!! 




There was the Mayor Sharon Shepard of Kelowna, BDO and it's staff. Corbin from BrainTrust Young Adults Group, BrainTrust Board of Directors and Staff. The local radio and new media and of course the Fantastic RCMP. Did I mention the cake......oh the cake. 

I then when to my room and past out at about 6:30 or and woke up at 5:00 am. I had not gotten out of my close or uploaded data or anything. I was out. 

This morning was still snowing pretty hard. Melissa and I were going to get up and put in a bit of a run. However the weather did not look good. With me not feeling the best we decided to call it a no run day. There were several engagements already scheduled so I was not loosing to much distance. 

We also think it's better to rest up a little bit rather than risk further illness. 

So I headed to a Mount Boucherie Secondary School of West Kelowna and met another great group of students. 

We also got to meat the Mayor of West Kelowna Doug Findlater and had another great presentation. 

Go Bears!! 

Yeah that's me but check out that Bear

A captured audience. I was talking about video games. 

Mayor Doug Findlater

After the school we headed over to Andre's Electronic Experts. 


Andre's electronics has been running a fund raiser for the run and were just a great group of guys. I made one mistake and that was to forget to write down there names. So I will edit this later when I talk to Melissa. 

Crap I forgot there names. 
I then headed to a massage at Sun City Physio. I had my body beaten really well. I want to thank Sun City for such a fantastic body pounding. They know there stuff. 


After the massage I headed back to the Hotel and had Foot care by Leah of WeCare Kelowna. All of the foot nurses from We Care have been fantastic. I always enjoy hearing about there nursing stories as that was something I was really interested in doing after my brain injury. 

Hi Leah. 
So with my body pounded, my feet nursed up, and my cold kicking in. I let Melissa know that I was not up for a Braintrust Party tonight. There getting together with a band called Ethel and I am wiped out. It's been an amazing couple of day's and I am doing my best to recover from my cold so I can finish strong. 








No comments:

Post a Comment