Sunday, July 31, 2011

Huggin Lake Simcoe by temporallobe at Garmin Connect - Details

Huggin Lake Simcoe by temporallobe at Garmin Connect - Details





· Weather today: 28 Celsius (82.0 Fahrenheit) Humidity 88% (at it's highest)
· Today’s run distance: 42.53 km (26.43 miles)
· Run distance to day: 3360.65km (2092.78 miles)
· Song of the Day: I Want You (Cee Lo Green. From the Lady Killer Album) 

I woke up this morning ready to get my run on. We were a little hampered with a flat tire on the CRV. Without hesitating Melissa was off to Canadian Tire to get, well tires. 

She was back in a flash (I don't know how long she was I fell back to sleep - I'm told she was gone an hour), then Mandy and I were off in the CRV to run start. 

To be honest the first 30kl were really boring. It was a pretty uneventful run. The usual honks (which I love) of support. A few honks of confusion (that is what I am choosing to believe those honks are). Most of the Police, Ambulance and Fire Trucks always flash or honk at us. 

 Running into Orillia.

 Arriving in Orillia.

 Running some more...

 With some more running.

So the day went. Up until we met with Barb Butler who is the Vice President of the Brain Injury Association of Canada. Barb is a brain injury survivor and advocate herself. I am so glad I got a chance to meet her and spend some time with her. We are all on the same mission and that is to make people aware of brain injury, prevent them, and appropriately treat the ones that can't be prevented. She was just a great lady. 


 Barb and I on Highway 11

About 3kl after that we met with Cheryl and Jeff who were riding a motorbike by us and stopped to see what we were doing. I will update more on this tomorrow as Cheryl is going to join me for a run ;') 

Jeff and Cheryl stopped on Highway 11 to say hi.


Less then 2kl to the end of my run another car pulled up and a male got out and handed me $25.00 got back in his car and drove off. 

 Random guy in a Handy DJ Van donating - THANKS!


This week I get to (hopefully) run with the Mayor of North Bay. I'm around 190kl away. I'm coming for you North Bay!





No comments:

Post a Comment