Saturday, July 30, 2011

Bradford through Churchill and Innisfil and Barrie

Bradford through Churchill and Innisfil and Barrie by temporallobe at Garmin Connect - Details


· Weather today: 27 Celsius (81.0 Fahrenheit) Humidity 94% (at it's highest)
· Today’s run distance: 43.68 km (27.14 miles)
· Run distance to day: 3318.12km (2066.35 miles)
· Song of the Day: CBC Radio One "Being Jann" Jann Arden (very funny radio show)

Mandy was a little sick today. This is unusual as I am usually the one that is sick. She is also not the type of person who takes sick days, where as I will take a day off if I need it. So when Mandy is sick, she is sick. (Although she wants to make it clear that she was not really as sick as I made her sound. - Whatever.) 

So Melissa and I headed out to the last run stop and started off the day. The weather was a little easier on me today. I was feeling good and just blasted away. I was a little quicker than normal and took shorter breaks. It was just a good running day. 

I got to about the 35kl mark and I was joined by two cyclists (I am so sorry that I forgot your names) I informed them of what I am running for and they joined me for about 4kl of the run. She was on a Cervelo P2 (I think I may be wrong but the Cervelo always stands out to me as that is what I did my Ironman in). The male was riding a non Cervelo ;') 

It was great chatting with them, she has run several marathons and completed her first Tri. I think it was Olympic distance as she had mentioned she was a little concerned about the 1/2 Ironman she is training for. However any woman with three kids who still has time to train will have no problem on race day. 

Today was all about distance. 

I took a video of yesterday's appearance at the Tiger Cats game yesterday, however I will have to upload it on another day. It's come out upside down and needs some editing. 

I am still thinking about all the amazing people I met at the Brain Injury Society of Hamilton, and all the other societies, associations, places, that I have met others with a brain injury. I am so humbled every time I am there. Not only the survivors but the caretakers, family members, and all the people that make these places what they are. It's so amazing. 

The one consistent message is that not only do we need more of them, but they need to be better funded. So many of the "disabled" are able to do more than what they are currently doing. We need to educate the population and provide adequate services for the survivors. For too long we have just institutionalized, minimized, and hidden away these amazing people. It is time that the "invisible disability" became visible. 


I am sorry there are no photos today, our resident photographer was ill today. 

3 comments:

  1. Hey I took photos you just didn't take my camera to download them :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right Right, forgot it's to the guy with the brain injury to remind you what to do ;') (sarcasm)

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUP! You remember to remind me of things when I don't want you to so I have faith :)

    ReplyDelete