Saturday, July 23, 2011

Running down Kingston Rd in Toronto

Running down Kingston Rd in Toronto by temporallobe at Garmin Connect - Details





  • Weather today: 31 Celsius (87.8 Fahrenheit) Humidity 79% (at it's highest)
  • Today’s run distance: 17.53 km (10.90 miles)
  • Run distance to day: 3134.37 km (1953.19 miles)
  • Song of the day: CBC Radio One on my iPhone.

Ok, now today was a day!


It started well enough with some refreshed feet from my foot care yesterday from Julia of WeCare. After a good night's sleep in my sisters place we were off to get my run on. Today was a little cooler and the run distance a little shorter. I ran 17.53kl until we had to stop and head to CBC News Network for my interview with Louise Martin.


I am still not used to being on TV. It seems like a dream. It all goes by so fast and even though I do have a brain injury and short term memory loss, I never remember much of the event. In fact even watching the interview afterwards I have no memory of being on the show. 


I know that it's me I am looking at. Yet I can't place the location, the event, or any of the time anywhere in my own memory. It's very surreal. 

















Louise Martin made me feel so 
comfortable and was really welcoming.  


After the CBC News interview we were off once again to Foot Solutions Toronto (Danforth). I picked up six new pairs of much needed shoes. My great feeling feet are getting spoiled.



After our Time at Foot Solutions we were off to the Toronto Argonauts versus Winnipeg Blue Bombers game at Rogers Center. This experience was again so surreal. We get to go through a special entrance, we got to park in the parking that you always want to park in but can't because it's full. It's full because the players, the staff, and people like me are parking there. It was so cool. 


So we get there and there is security checking out who we are. Melissa mentions that I am there for the half time presentation. We get special tickets and Kathy (my sister) and Kya (niece) are there with Mandy, Melissa and I. 


We head to our seats and we watch the first half of the game. Then David (Staff of the stadium) comes to find me and takes us down to the field. 


So there I am with Melissa and Mandy on the field all ready to take pic's and videos. One of the staff tells me that I am running to the big "C" on the field when I see my face on the big jumbo screen. 
















There it is, I see, well, I see me. I start running. I am running through the field where the players just were. There are two cheerleaders and the President and CEO of the Argonauts, Bob Nicholson was there to hand my very own Argonauts Jersey. Number #11 with my name on the back. 



Then it was over and I was running back. David walked us back to our seats and we watched the rest of the game. When I got back to my seat I sat down and was wearing my new jersey. I looked at Melissa and it started to dawn on me who I just met, and what just happened. It was so fast. I am glad I recorded it on my I phone ;')



After the game was over we got to walk down to the field and meet some of the players. My niece Kya stole the show and started posing with the cheerleaders. 









































No comments:

Post a Comment