Saturday, July 2, 2011

Little bit of a broken run.

Little bit of a broken run. by temporallobe at Garmin Connect - Details

Today's Weather: 25 c (77 f) Humidity was 57%
Song of the day: MIT Psychology Lecture on the Brain
Distance today: 37 km (22.99 miles) - this is a rough guess as my Garmin kept running while we drove
Distance to date: 2534.49 km (1574.86 miles)
Up earlier this morning as we had a few things we wanted to do in downtown Montréal so the run team was up early to get me out of the road almost 1.5 hours earlier than we have been lately. This worked out perfectly as timing goes because when I stopped after the first 23km (probably a bit more than that as I forgot to turn on my Garmin immediately), it was noon with a high sun on a cloudless day. We ended right near some vineyards and Sugar Shacks that harvest and sell maple syrup.
The morning was quiet, probably due to all the Canada Day celebrations last night. It was really quite nice as we ran through some smaller residential areas with lots of trees lining the roads, which meant running in the shade. There was some berry beautiful and large sprawling lands with mansions that reminded me of the Shaughnessy area at home. Such big estates with gorgeous yards, but I could not help thinking of all the yard work, and Mandy could not help wondering about the general maintenance to the house and grounds. Too much, we think!
On the stretch of country road that came about as we exited the more populated residential areas of the Ville de Saint-Eustache, which seemed a bit heritage, a veteran Ironman turned his bike around to chat with me. He had done 10 Ironmans and was out for a bike ride "just for fun". It was nice of him to stop, chat and encourage me on.
The second half of my run happened in the cooler part of the day with a nice breeze hitting me as I ran. The highlight of this portion was a man who drove by me and turned around with his two kids in the car wanting to wish me luck on my venture. Other than that it was quiet, flat and hot but with a breeze.
We interrupted the day to get away from the heat. Melissa got her haircut and Mandy and I went out for Brunch for her Birthday!! Then it was back to running after moving the RV.



No comments:

Post a Comment