Friday, July 8, 2011

An interrupted off the grid run.

An interrupted off the grid run. by temporallobe at Garmin Connect - Details


Weather: Was 24 Celsius (75 Fahrenheit)
Run Distance Today: 36.31km (22.56 miles)
Run Distance to Date: 2716.31km (1687.83 miles)
Song of the Day: Love in an Elevator by Aerosmith

No cell service today as Rogers SIM cards ran out, early! Not a great day for staying in touch.

I had an interview with Mark Sutcliffe from Irun.ca but because of our cell phone snaffoo we had a hard time finding a way to catch him. Melissa worked it out and after a few attempts and dropped calls we go the interview done.
I ran just over 10km this morning out of downtown Ottawa.


 I ran from Parliament Hill to just outside of downtown where I headed to a walk-in clinic to deal with some interesting issues that happen when you run as much as I do, and waited for 45 minutes while Melissa multi-tasked by moving the RV and refilling all our water. Turns out I have an infection from all the moisture of the sweating. Seriously, I was not expecting that. It is uncomfortable and that caught me off guard. 








So I headed back to running and at the 27km mark I had to stop, it was hot and humid and I was unable to get the shoes I needed. So I have running shoes that have been run way past their prime. We did pick up new shoes; however, they are ultra wide. I am a 9.5 D width of the Brooks Dyad. They only had a 9.5 2E width. So think instead of wearing a size 40 pants you are wearing a 52. Hard to keep 'em on.

I am now waiting for my shoes to come in. This is causing me considerable discomfort between two wide but good cushioning or right fit but massive ankle pain. 

It was just one of those days.

So I am at about the 30km mark. I am grumpy, hurting and just putting one foot in front of the other. The honks from the cars cheer me on. However right then, right when I am thinking “I can’t do this anymore” there is a blue car that is driving by me. Now this car just past us and now it’s passing again. I see it pull ahead and stop.I am blown away as a family get's out 









 It is Jenna and her dad Kevin that have stopped. They had a bottle of Gatorade and $40.00 to donate for us. As I was talking to them, Jordan their son/brother came to join us. He is an aspiring actor. This was just a 'WOW!' moment. This is why I am doing this. This is the point.



So a huge THANK YOU to all of you!! You made a very hard day change into an awsome day. Just by getting out of your car. Thank you

No comments:

Post a Comment