Saturday, July 16, 2011

Westbrook and Loyalist through Napanee and stopping at Marysville

Westbrook and Loyalist through Napanee and stopping at Marysville by temporallobe at Garmin Connect - Details


  • Weather today: 26 Celsius (78.8 Fahrenheit) Humidity 88% (at it's highest)
  • Today’s run distance: 38.60 km (23 miles)
  • Run distance to day: 2931.47 km (1820.64 miles)
  • Song of the day: Ricky Gervais audio books from I-tunes "Guides 1-5" (so funny, not for kids) 



After yesterday's day of massage, recovery and quick tourist period,
today was back to running. It feels like I am in the final legs of my
infection and I increased my distance today. While my Garmin said 44kl
the actual run was 38.60kl. I forgot to turn off the Garmin.

Mandy followed me today while Melissa caught up on all the
administrative stuff. Today was a relatively nice run.
Early into the run I saw Jessica and her Mom walking down the
street from a fair in Odessa, Ontario. She won first place in a bike
decorating contest. It was all done up with balloons and other
designs. She had also been to the face painter. We stopped because she
was wearing her helmet, so I wanted to give her a Run To Remember
Whistle that also has a light flasher in it for wearing her helmet.

Then there was the dog incident. I was running along and saw a German Shepherd running at me. He was not very far away. Just over the sidewalk and on his lawn. You could tell from the demeanor of the doghe was coming at me. I waved to Mandy to come up with the car and tried to calm the dog down.Mandy thought I was indicating to take a picture as I was then run at by two more Shepherds on the same property. It scared the crap out ofme. The dog's stopped short as they must have had an electric fence.They were maybe ten feet from me and I saw no fence barrier or leash.Scared me silly!

A short time later there was a Lab with it's head out of the window of  a passing car that barked at me. That was about two feet from me and scared the crap out of me as well. Later on there was another dog that was playful and not sure if he should chase me or not. I was a littleconcerned he would run into traffic; however, he seemed to think twice and be too indecisive to chase me for fun.There were a lot of horses and cows today as well. It was just a very animal oriented day.










 



 Hitting the Napanee 19kl mark

Running for a while. 


 Arriving in Napanee!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment