Wednesday, July 20, 2011

No Run Data

Will update my run data and totals tomorrow. Today was a record setting temperature in the area we are in. There was a heat warnings and a Humidex warning there were adult education schools closing and emergency shelters for people that needed to cool down.

So we got up a little earlier and started the run a little earlier to avoid some of the heat. I ran about 30kl and then we headed back to the RV to rest till 5:30 and I started running around 6:00 We did not get back till about 8:00pm. I ran 41.94 kl today.

I am doing a shorter blog post as I just finished dinner, my shower and now I am stretching. I am up early again tomorrow and need to sleep. My PC that I upload my Garmin data to requires a larger power source than the RV has. So this means I would have to walk to a Starbucks or McDonald's and set everything up, download the data, then write the blog, pack everything up and then walk back. I am a little tired. The heat is also having it's tole on the team.

However I am feeling really good; the body is holding up. I was surprised that I ran farther than I expected. I was going to stop at the 35kl mark however I was feeling good. We have a really good hydration system worked out.

The ladies are not down with my idea of getting a shirt made from freezer bags. I don't see the issue with it.

1 comment:

  1. Great job David. As for your team, they are very special people. My hat off to the ladies.
    Garry

    ReplyDelete