Sunday, July 10, 2011

A painful yet fun 1/2 marathon

A painful yet fun 1/2 marathon by temporallobe at Garmin Connect - Details


·           Weather today: 28 Celsius (82.4 Fahrenheit) Very Humid
·           Today’s run distance: 23.66 km (14.70 miles)
·           Run distance to day: 2761.09 km (1715.65 miles)
·           Song of the day: The amazing sounds of the Rick Armitage band (and lot's of cars engines) 

Today was very painful. It’s like running with sandpaper in between your legs. Not allot of fun. I ran the first 14 kl or so and then we ran in to the 2011 Merrickville Auto Show. It was fantastic.



I had to get over the fact that I just can’t run more than a ½ marathon right now. It’s very hard for me to accept because I just want to run. However I am not going to do serious damage to myself that will take much longer to recover. It’s frustrating and painful but it is what it is. There is now way around it.

Today was a little hotter and humid. However stopping to explore the auto show was a lot of fun. There was a fantastic band the Rick Armitage Band who not only rocked the event but did a special shout to the run. These guys can rock a party!!









After enjoying the show and the music it was time to get back to running. I was able to put on about another 10kl and had to stop. Sorry for not being able to run farther, give me some time I will get back to distances.

Tow Mater from the Cars Movie & Melissa from the Run to Remember
The Horses from yesterday that were really taking with me running by them.





2 comments:

  1. Glad you had a better day today :) Tow Mater was neat..... what a busy busy town today!!! All the best..... you are doing great!!! PEACE Debby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Debby. I got so many great photo's yet my internet connection is a little down. In fact I am currently sitting in a Starbuck uploading todays pics. I always feel weird uploading large amounts of Data off of other peoples networks. However I plan to share a whole bunch soon.

    Dave

    ReplyDelete