Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Straight and Flat along the St. Lawrence River.

Straight and Flat down the St. Lawrence River


  • Weather today: 29-30 Celsius (84.2-86.0 Fahrenheit) Very Humid 89% at it’s highest
  • Today’s run distance: 32.61 km (20.26 miles)
  • Run distance to day: 2823.7 km (1754.55miles)
  • Song of the day: Let's get it Started. Black Eyed Peas
Today was a little cooler, a little faster, and a little easier on my body. I am getting better and I need to remind myself not to overdo it. So I called her a day at the 32kl mark. Tomorrow I will run farther.

I ran around this amazing place called 1000 Islands region in Ontario which is right between New York and Ontario. It was a truly amazing thing to see. There are houses out on these tiny little islands. It leads me to ask, how do they get a pizza delivered? I mean these houses are all on their private islands. It was fantastic. I have no idea what the construction cost of a house like that would be, but they are amazing to look at. We even saw a house with its own bridge to it. Don’t want the in-laws over? Just close the bridge.

Today was just a stunning run along the St. Lawrence. Mandy had a nap in the motorhome while Melissa followed me for the first 2 hours. Then we drove back and woke up Mandy and drove back to the place I stopped. Then the ladies followed me while I ran to the 32kl mark. We then stopped and all three went for a nice swim in the river. It was so
nice to get in the water after the run. 

Read the article from the Toronto Sun. Thanks to AgingJoe, Garry Steward and SpinalTap for the supportive comments. 

Drove to a small town and Melissa is cooking dinner while I upload today’s run and information in a McDonald’s.
Now it’s time to eat!




No comments:

Post a Comment