Thursday, June 30, 2011

Running to Charlemagne

Running to Charlemagne by temporallobe at Garmin Connect - Details

Today's weather: 18c (64f)
Run distance: 43.88km (27.27mi)
Total run distance to date: 2455.92(1527.27 miles)
Song of the day: Psychology Lectures

Most of the run day was quiet and uneventful. It was much cooler so I didn’t even need to switch sweaty hats! Relatively cloudy today, but with much less wind than yesterday, which was nice.

The last 10km was mostly through the town of Repentigny, Québec. Much of its busier streets looked a lot like North Vancouver to Mandy, and there were some very beautiful homes and cars. You know you’re in a nice area of town when you pass two Rolls-Royces…or when two Rolls-Royces pass you!







With the increased population there was also a lot more positive energy being thrown my way: lots of honks, waves, hellos and a few solid fist pumps in the air. It was a nice change although the increase in population also meant more traffic maneuvering by my CRV team.



At the end of my 43km run today we stopped into the nearest gas station to stretch, change, pee and enjoy a Québon Lait au Chocolat. Unfortunately they didn’t have a public washroom, but…

Francis Paradis from that local Shell Select store on 213 Nortre-Dame made a contribution to the run by allowing me to use the employee only washroom. It was a small kindness that meant more than it may have seemed to the young man. THANK YOU FRANCIS!

We ended the day by driving into town in rush hour to pick up some of the Saxx men's underwear to add to my current pairs. These things are fantastic and have ruined me for all other underwear. We also picked up some more of the Vega Sports Drink and Whole Food Health Optimizer to aid me in my energy in the day. I consume allot of food right now. It's kind of scary. 


Time for Stretching and sleep!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment