Saturday, June 25, 2011

Another Marathon in Quebec

Another Marathon in Quebec by temporallobe at Garmin Connect - Details


Today’s weather was 14 Celsius (58 Fahrenheit) slightly cloudy and a little humid

Today's run distance was 42.23 Kl (26.25 miles)

Total run distance to date is 2400.51 kl or (1492.264 miles)

Song of the day: “The Best of You” Foo Fighters

Rough start to the day. It's been hard getting used to Mandy being here and it definitely is throwing me off my routine. Hopefully in a few days she will be adjusted too and then we'll both be able to cope better to each other's presence. Not to mention the crappy sleep that I've been having because of my blanket-hog wife!

The change in route has also thrown me of as we were running through the city today which meant more turns, stops and confusion. The traffic lights here 4-way stop all the cars so all pedestrians on all sides can walk at the same time. Mandy and I crossed diagonally once. This different crosswalk system means I was running during the pedestrian walk light but Melissa and Mandy could not drive as they had a red. It took a little while to clue in and decide I best wait for the traffic green so the CRV and I don't get too separated.

There was a bit more love coming from the city today then we've seen from Québec so far. More honking cars and people waving which was boosted my spirits. Although there was a toilet issue early on in our day. The first gas station's toilet was clogged with brown paper towel, which could not be fixed because it's Saint Jean Baptiste weekend. The second gas station couldn't access their toilets because someone locked the key in the washroom. The third place didn't have a toilet (not sure why because Mandy didn't ask or clarify for me). FInally, the fourth place was the charm! Thank you auto-repair shop! I informed Mandy that I needed the shop to know that if they could not provide I toilet I might relieve my bladder in their shop...Mandy refused but we found the world's grimiest toilet. The faucets didn't even work, although Mandy felt relieved there was toilet paper.

As the run went along I felt better and better and was more into my run flow, which is hard in a city but eventually we were more just outside the city on a 'bigger' 4-lane road so it was easier to just run straight. The scenery was fantastic and I even had my hand sniffed by a horse.

However being in a small motorhome with two type a personality females get's a little much. It's nice to get out and run. Get some me time ;')

No comments:

Post a Comment