Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Broken run

Broken run by temporallobe at Garmin Connect - Details





Today's run distance was about 7kl (4.34 miles)
Total run distance to date is 2250.30 kl or (1404.455 miles)
Song of the day. Listening to the Wiretap Podcast from CBC





Last night my left leg started to seize. It just locked up. It was very painful and it woke me up. After a few minutes of really deep pain and crying like a baby, I managed to get it to unlock and move it a little bit. I did some night time half asleep stretches and even punched it a couple of times. Eventually I was able to get back to sleep. 

Upon walking it was definitely tight. I figured that getting the blood flowing while running might loosen it up. This did not happen. In fact with each step it started to hurt more and more. The thought of running for 5 hours on this was not making it any easier. 

I talked to Melissa and tried to problem solve. The options were, as I saw them, continue running and just deal with the pain as best I can. Or take a day to stretch, heat, and an added suggestion by Melissa take something to relax the muscle. 

We headed to a Pharmacy and got some Robaxocit. I took one pill and we headed back to the campground to stretch. I spent about an hour stretching with Melissa holding my leg and adding some pressure. This was helpful and I felt the "tight knotted area" loosing up a little bit. I continued to stretch on the ground in campground. Much to the amusement of some campers walking by. 

I contemplated going back out to finish the day, or at least get some more distance in. My theory is rest for the day, do some deep stretches and some massage tricks that know. Take another Robaxocit at night and let the muscles repair. Then get up and give her tomorrow. 

There is no guarantee this will work. If it doesn't make it better than I will just run in the pain. It's only a few more months of running each day. How bad can it get ;')

2 comments:

  1. You are doing super awesome! Dont let anything stop you from completing this amazing trek!

    Dan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Dan!! Thanks for that. I won't stop, I will just wine allot along the way ;') You know me.

    ReplyDelete