Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Today was HOT!!

Today was HOT!! by temporallobe at Garmin Connect - Details

Todays Temperature was 25 Celsius (77 Fahrenheit)
Todays run distance was 38.68 kl (24.03 miles)
total run distance to date is 1844.77kl or (1146.286 miles)

Today was a little hotter than the last few days. I went through more than 3 1/2 liters of water. The chaffing seems to be under control somewhat. The hives are still there but only bother me when I stop running. Bug and Bee bites have healed. Today I ran by CFB Gagetown. This is one of the biggest military bases in Canada. I got see some Army Helicopters doing some drills and that was exciting. Lot's of signs telling me not go over the fence as this is a life training center. I took that to heart and stayed away. I go to here what sounded like mortar fire and lot's of military vehicles.

My skin is still bugging me but not allot I can do. My appetite is back in a big way and I stopped for some steak at Boston Pizza!! I am eating enough food for three people at this point. Yet still loosing weight. I did a radio interview this morning and well just continued on continuing on.

Feeling a little homesick today. Miss my wife today more than usual.

The interviewer asked me a question that reiterated why this run is so important. He said something along the line "you sound normal to me". I tried to explain that "yes I appear normal to everyone, this is why it is a hidden epidemic. You see tomorrow I won't remember you"

I wanted to talk a little more in-depth about this as it's a concept that is hard to rationalize. You see my long term memory is intact. Things like speaking English, knowing who my family is, Knowing who I am and some skills that I had learned before my injury are still there. However I do not make new memories. What I am able to do is link a current memory to sort of fit with an old memory. So my encoding (filing of the new data) works as long as I have a file folder already created for it. If I don't have to create a new folder and I have no long term memory to attach the new memory to. It will not stick. So while I can remember to type, I can remember to drive, I will not remember a new location, or a new method of well anything.

I am not the best at explaining this but my speech pathologist and some of my experience in learning Psychology helped me put a description on to what I was experiencing.

Time for bed. No stretch first.

1 comment: