Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Champlain through Trois-Rivieres and ending in Yamachiche

Champlain through Trois-Rivieres and ending in Yamachiche by temporallobe at Garmin Connect - Details


  • Weather was humid 73% it was  23c (73 f)
  • Today's run distance was 41.98kl (26.09m)
  • Total distance to date 2371.98 kl (1473.880 miles)
  • Song of the day  Let's Get It Started by Black Eyed Peas



We parked off Route 138 last night which was butted up against the Saint Lawrence River. It was such a beautiful view and it was lovely to hear the water crashing about right by our RV. We hung our clothes to air on the line along the RV and had just loaded up with some yummy drinking water about 1km away so we were very spoiled. 

After a night of battling a mosquito in my ear all night, I was lucky to find a much cooler day ahead of me. Although still muggy, the cooler temperatures through Sainte-Marie was nice as I ran closer to Trois-Rivieres. I felt much better than yesterday as indicated by me running almost 2.5 hours straight before taking a break. I kept on running until I hit roughly 26km. 

Then, afternoon heat started to rear it's head, so we decided to break to move the RV and cool down. I did some much needed stretches, took a nice siesta and headed out to finish my run for the day. Unfortunately the RV was filled with too many mosquitoes and Québec in general has a lot of odd bugs! Think of a green dragonfly with a forked tail...pretty odd... 

It was much cooler when we got back to where I left off, but as I started the second half of my marathon Mandy started with a portion of poutine covered in cheese curds and gravy that had a hint of BBQ sauce. I was lucky enough to snag a small bite! 

A friendly 67 year old gentleman also joined me for a short jaunt. He was curious about the cause and ran along with me for a short stretch.He has run over 20 marathons in his lifetime and only stopped at the age of 63 because he needed and did get, a hip replacement. I urged him to stop running alongside me. The company was nice as was all the honking and waving! Then I continued running for another 15 km or so and then called it a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment