Friday, June 3, 2011

Memramcook to Moncton

Memramcook to Moncton by temporallobe at Garmin Connect - Details

Today was a nice soggy day to run. The temperature was a little cold and the rain was consistent it reminded me of home. New Brunswick is an interesting province and I am enjoying the run each day.

The interesting thing for me is the changes in my body. I have to keep in mind that I have to run the next day so I don't ever go straight out at race pace. We have a good dietary plan that is constantly changing but seems to work. I can pretty eat anything I want as long as I have allot of it ;') I am avoiding anything overly processed although we did have some ice cream the other day. Lot's of pasta, rice, veggies, fruit and protein.

I take a fantastic set of vitamins from 7Systems that makes sure I am getting all my basic vitamins as well as the ones that I burn of on each day's run. http://www.7systems.ca/ It was made for elite athletes from Olympians like Jasper Blake or Simon Whitfield. Just to name a couple.

I was using the Vega Whole Food Health Optimizer each day in the morning. However I have run out and they are hard to get. Especially on a limited budget. So I got some no-name protein for my morning drink.

My day usually starts like this.

Melissa tells me to get up. I don't. I sleep for another 30 minutes or so. Then Melissa yells at me and say's get up. I don't. I sleep for another 15 minutes. Then afraid of a physical assault by Melissa, I get up. I have Oatmeal and honey as my first meal. I have a small cup of coffee, and I have a protein drink.

We then get into the CRV and drive to run start.

I run for two hours and use my Sports drink and a I always carry some dates with me. So I nibble on dates and drink my sports drink.

I usually stop at the 2 hour mark and have another small meal. Some apples, a Banana and some green tea. I sometimes manage to steel some of Melissa's cheese at this time as well. Then I head out again for another two hours.

At this point I am usually somewhere in the 30kl mark. We take a longer break that usually involves a pasta dish, or a Tuna fish sandwich. I eat about every 2 hours.

Then after the long rest we head out and finish off the run. Make it back in time to have some dinner and get ready for tomorrow. Well I don't get ready for tomorrow. I usually shower, stretch, and update my blogs and Garmin information.

Melissa does the laundry, makes the meals, plans the next day and gets to bed usually after me.

So when I say I have the easy job I really do. The real work, the behind the scenes work is all Melissa and Braintrust Canada. Without all of them this event would not happen. Not to mention the large amount of family and friends of everyone combined that make each day happen.

I am going to start updating my total distance and other information. Like weather, interesting things etc. Got a few more months of this. So looking to get into a routine. Not only is that good for me and my brain injury. It also makes my posts more predictable and less rambling like this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment