Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Continuing along the St. Lawrence

Continuing along the St. Lawrence by temporallobe at Garmin Connect - Details


  • Weather was humid 78% it was  20 c (68 F) and wind at 31 S.W. (basically I was running into the wind) 
  • Today's run distance was 42.04kl (26.12m)
  • Total distance to date  2412.04kl (1500.00 miles) (Holy S**T that's a long way to run) 
  • Song of the day: Not a song really Ricky Gervais Podcast's. Best part of short term memory loss. I can listen to the same podcast over and over again and still find it funny. 
The weather was much cooler today but much, much windier as well. This made me feel like I was expending more energy than should have been required for the distance I was running. The extra energy to fight the wind seemed to exhaust me earlier than I would have liked. I figure, all in all, I probably ran for another 40-50 minutes than needed just to get in my final distance today.

Mandy says my run pace was much more consistent today versus the last few days, so I guess the feeling of constant fight against the wind was more apparent to me than to anyone else. Although my pants were blowing around “like Hammer pants” as Mandy so eloquently put it! It was also nice because Melissa got a half-day off from following me, so she got to settle in the RV in our camping spot, and do some real work!

Ran out of Trios-Rivieres and towards Montreal today, which should be a fun city to run through. Aside from the wind, my last hour of running was fraught with some heavy rain. It was especially wet because we washed my rain jacket and forgot to put it back into the car. I was quite soaked, but at least that washed some of the salt and sweat of my entire being.

Also a few close calls with some cars trying to cut off the CRV but not realizing that I was right in front of it. Always a little scary, and I always feel a little uncertain because I can’t always see or sense how much coverage the CRV is giving me. It was fine though and I ended the day unscathed.

Wind was the real excitement of the day. 

3 comments:

  1. Here is the article I wrote about your run for our local paper...hope it helps with some donations.
    http://www.theshorelinejournal.com/jul1124.pdf

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Linda!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The article was great. Thank you so much for help spreading the message

    ReplyDelete