Thursday, April 14, 2011

Norris Arm to Grand Falls Windso by temporallobe at Garmin Connect - Details

Norris Arm to Grand Falls Windso by temporallobe at Garmin Connect - Details

I did not want to run today. I woke up and just did not want to move. I have a cold, my body hurts, the weather is cold, wet, windy. I am dreading the hills.

We head out to run start. I have a rule for the day's that I don't want to run. I will run for 5 minutes. If at the end of the five miles I still really don't want to run. I will call it a day.

I called it a day at every tree, street sign, car that passes, hill, or burst of weather. I just kept saying five more minutes, stop at the next tree, no the next tree.

I was pretty close to calling it a day. Melissa had pulled in the Run to Remember car. I took a break and had some food. I got out again and just ran from one lamp post to the next.

Then I was surprised with an RCMP Constable Doug Mesher who showed up to run with me. What a fantastic group of officers here. We had a great chat, a really great guy. He is training for another one of his Olympic distance triathlons and wanted to run 10kl with me.

I was so sore and so tired, however once we got moving and chatting it was all good.

Made it back to the Motel and had a shower!! Upload to blog, enter run data, eat and pass out. Do it all again tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Whoo hoo! Look at you gaining running buddies. That must have been the most engaging run so far since you actually had a person to chat with live! Your parents must have enjoyed the change of view as well! :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup instead of my butt, they had another butt. Today was a great run as well. Would be so much more enjoyable if my wife was with me!!

    ReplyDelete