Monday, April 11, 2011

From Gambo to Gander by temporallobe at Garmin Connect - Details

From Gambo to Gander by temporallobe at Garmin Connect - Details

I woke up so tired this morning. I did not sleep well. The first week has gone by so fast, it's been very fast. We have moved the motorhome to a campground. The campground is actually closed at this time of year, but the owners have allowed us to stay there. We have some small electrical current, but are still without water, a dump station, or proper plug ins.

I ran for about 2:30 to 3 hours this morning. We were up very early and I got in a good distance. We came back to the motorhome and I had time to change into something that would scare the kids at Helen Tulk Elementary. The Mayor was there and was talking about his own accident on a motorbike a few years ago.

The kids are where all the excitement was. While they may not understand the technical issues of "short term memory loss" or "Aphasia" they do understand it when I tell them that I suck at video games because I forget what button is shoot, or what I am doing and that by the time I look at the instructions I have been killed probably by them ;')

We talked about the importance of helmets and protecting there heads. That a concussion is a brain injury and we left some information to help the teachers recognize signs of brain damage in there students.

The kids are the best part of the run so far. They ask the best questions, it does usually turn to tips on how to play Black Op's but hey there kids!!

Tomorrow is a long run day. I am hoping to cover a greater distance. Still getting into the grove of things and working out an easy to follow agenda that works well for all involved.

Protect your head!!

Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment