Monday, April 18, 2011

From South Brook Newfoundland and on by temporallobe at Garmin Connect - Details

From South Brook Newfoundland and on by temporallobe at Garmin Connect - Details

Today was mentally exhausting. At the 20kl mark my music ran out of power, at the 30kl mark my Garmin ran out of power. At about 36kl I ran out of power.

It is mentally frustrating to push myself so hard and reach such a minimum distance. I know how much a 10kl takes out of me. I know how much a 1/2 marathon takes out of me. I know how much a marathon a day after a 1/2 marathon takes out of me. However I am having the biggest challenge getting used to this wind. It's like running with an extra me on my back.

We pushed on after the Garmin died and did a total of 36.3kl today. Mom and Dad stopped at the Junction Inn to get a hot dog and I was resting (I had a hot dog as well) The lady there recognized the Run To Remember sign on the jeep from an email. So that was cool.

I am however exhausted. I am glad Melissa has got the Run To Remember website http://www.runtoremember.com/ you can go to Location. Where is David? and you can track the SPOT GPS tracker.

Picture of the day

1 comment: