Friday, April 8, 2011

Balbo Elementary and the Mountain Man

Untitled by temporallobe at Garmin Connect - Details (run 1)

Stopped at Balbo Elementary and talked to the kids in grade 7 and 8. Then I continued with the run.

Run #2 by temporallobe at Garmin Connect - Details

Picture of the day: Upon describing the name of the man who came and met me on the highway at the High School. I was advised that his name is Boonie. If I have this wrong I apologize


So there I am on the first part of my run. I am probably 5 kl or so. This guy comes running out and is waving at me. He hands me $10.00 and says he read about me in the paper. This was just a totally awesome thing, and it made my day.

The kids at the school were so awesome. This was a slightly older group and they asked some really great questions. Like "will you forget your kids when you have them" This to me is a very intelligent question as the understanding of what short term memory is and the issues that I face. My wife and I have discussed these kinds of questions. The answer is, "I don't know". My memory seems to work well with repetition, however if I am not constantly reminding myself, or constantly repeating the same thing. I loose it. I recall most things before my injury. However creating new memories is a challenge. If I am unable to link a new memory to some of my old memories I have a harder time retaining it.

I also want people to know that they can do anything they want. It took a brain injury for me to realize this. I hope others don't need such a dramatic event to reach there potential. For me it's not so much what I do, it's what all these people are doing around me. I am just have to run.

No comments:

Post a Comment