Friday, December 2, 2011

This Was a Day to Remember.

Wow what a day. 


We were up and off to Langley to meet the Langley Mayor and the Mayor of the Langley Township. We had some interviews and then were on where on our way to Richmond to my Dentist. 






 I then had to have a tooth removed at the dentist. That was not fun. The tooth had been needing some serious work about a month or so into the run. I could not let it go any longer. It was causing me allot of discomfort and headaches. So I had a tooth taking out and now have a bunch of gause in it. 


Melissa then dropped me off at home while she went to prep the event at New Westminster Quay. 


It was so cool. We had the head of WeCare there and my Boss Christian from FootSolutions and Brainstreams were all there. 



 New Westminster Mayor Wayne Wright 

Christian from Foot Solutions. 



My Speech Pathologist Megan showed up. I wish I had had more time with people. However I got lost in a conversation with and 


Thank you all for coming out. I look forward to Monday at Foot Solutions in Vancouver and then  I am almost in Victoria and dumping my feet in the Ocean

3 comments:

  1. Hello,

    I suffered from a brain injury in a major car accident almost two years ago. I just saw a little thing about you on shaw a few moments ago and I burst into tears. I don't even know why yet. I think it is maybe just good for me to see and hear someone else's story and see how well they are doing with life. My thoughts are with you and cheering you on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ali,

    I am sorry to hear of your accident. Life with a brain injury is very different. Each brain injury is so unique and different than another brain injury. Just remember that your not alone, there are resources out there and you can still do so much. Thank you so much for your positive thoughts.

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello David, That is great to see all the attention you are getting from so many people because you deserve it and so much more!! Your note to Ali was perfect about each brain injury is so unique and different than each other. Yes there are many resources to help us all out and if we learn to accept our new selves it will make life not so hard. I am getting very excited about you being almost in Victoria to dump your feet in the ocean. You brighten up my day so much more then it already is (I make everyday of my life bright by telling myself how good my life is and how it is just gonna get better) when I read your update about your progress. I am going to make a frame for a Run to Remember photo of us running to hang on my wall b/c it brightens me up every time I am having a "not so good day" (I never have a bad day)! All the best to you with the final stretch of your journey!! A HUGE accomplishment that will never be forgotten and will help many people in the future. You are a hero to myself and SO many more people!!! Thanks David Sean Deleau ps. I have many goals in life like travel,raise a family, have fun and many more but the 1 goal that is on top of my list is to help others! You have helped Thousands and thousands of people by educating them about head injuries. GREAT WORK!!

    ReplyDelete