Thursday, December 1, 2011

Running Through Abbotsford

Running Through Abbotsford by temporallobe at Garmin Connect - Details



  • Weather: Low of 3c High of 4c (37.4 F to 39.2 F) wet and getting warmer
  • Distance for Today : 37.06 km 23.08 miles
  • Total Distance to Date: 7714.13 kl (4801.03 mi)
  • Song of the Day: Don't remember ;') 
This is yesterday's run. 11/30/2011
It was a great day for running. The weather was a little chilly but it was sunny and I had the wind at my back. 

Beautiful day and terrain for a run. 

I ran beside the highway on a side road for most of the day. 




Abbotsford. 

Wow I am getting so close to home. 



So I am running along and in my own little world. Waving at cars that honk and people on the street. When I see this group in the distance. 



 This was Melissa's Mom and all her co-workers, from MNP, who were out on the streets to support me on the run. It was perfect timing as I hit the two hour mark and was ready to refuel. 
Thank you all so much. 

I continued running and we passed Fraserway RV who supplied us with the Motorhome. 


Thank you Fraserway RV you were instrumental in this event being a success. 



I continued on stopped at the 37km mark because we needed to drive back to the Fraser Valley Brain Injury Association and went to a drop in meeting. 

 I was a guest speaker and as usual I am talking to the converted. I always feel comfortable being around people who face similar struggles. We are all fighting the same fight and I am always so impressed at the humor, the strength and the positivity of these groups. The people are the hero's I am truly the lucky one. 

After I had my moments we heard from Debbie Abma who has been in contact with me along the run and is also a surbivor and a strong advocate for the Brain Injury World. 

I also had the pleasure to meet with Carol Paetkau and Shelley Steele of Communitas. My time was so short with them, but these are the people that I want to connect with. If we all start working together we can make a change. 

No comments:

Post a Comment